COD Supports and Honors Our American Heroes
For over 50 years, College of DuPage has provided educational resources to veterans, members of our armed forces and their families. We consider it an honor that you are considering COD as your institution of higher learning.
As a veteran on campus, you'll have access to all of the resources you need to succeed
in community college. Our Veterans Services office is available to help you with everything from campus tours and new student
orientation sessions exclusively for veterans to referrals for local community resources.
Our Student Veterans of America chapter, College of DuPage Veterans Association, strives to create a welcoming and
inviting community for all.
Use your education benefits and get enrolled today
Federal benefits (Chapters 33, 30, 31, 35 and 1606)
- Complete your application at vets.gov.
- Apply for the Illinois Veterans Grant by completing their online application.
- Apply for the Illinois National Guard Grant by completing their online application. You will need to reapply every academic year to continue your eligibility.
- You may apply for the MIA/POW scholarship through the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs webpage.
All students receiving military education benefits are required to maintain satisfactory academic progress according to College of DuPage established requirements. Please familiarize yourself with the rules associated with the benefit you are using.
You must provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for each benefit you wish to use. A COE should be submitted your first semester at College of DuPage and upon request from the Office of Veterans Services thereafter.
If you have already been approved for the Illinois Veterans Grant or Illinois National Guard Grant you may view remaining entitlement on the ISAC website. This resource can help you find the information.
Reading, writing and math placement tests are administered to determine appropriate course placement and satisfy course prerequisites. For more information including locations and hours of operation, visit the Testing Center webpage. Placement should be complete before meeting with a Counselor/Advisor.
Newly admitted students should attend one of these information sessions to discuss
the next steps in the enrollment and certification process. To sign up, please call
us at (630) 942-3814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All reviews must be completed before enrollment information will be forwarded to the VA. You can mail official transcripts to: College of DuPage, Office of Student Records, 425 Fawell Blvd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.
Veterans-designated Student Success Counselors will assist you in reviewing general education, degree and certificate requirements, including the transferability of courses. They will work with you to develop an Educational Plan and help you develop success strategies. Contact them today at (630) 942-2259 or contact a counselor.
Register for classes through your myACCESS account or in person at the Office of Student Registration Services, Student Services Center
(SSC), Room 2221. Phone registration assistance is available at (630) 942-2377.
Payment: Students utilizing veteran or dependent education benefits are eligible to enroll in a deferred payment plan. Enrollment into the deferred payment plan prevents a student's classes from being dropped for non-payment until:
- The student's education benefit covers the cost of tuition and fees
- The student covers the cost of tuition and/or fees by the designated installment dates. Not all veteran education benefits cover the full cost of tuition or fees. Please understand your financial obligations prior to enrolling in the deferred payment plan. You may contact Veterans Services at (630) 942-3814 if you have any questions.
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260