College of DuPage has partnered with several transfer institutions to provide opportunities for students to complete a bachelor's degree in the motion picture/ television field. Students should make an appointment with a faculty member, counselor or a program advisor to discuss these transfer opportunities.
For more information about Transfer Pathways, please visit the College of DuPage Catalog. The Pathway represents a typical course schedule for a student planning to complete the AA or AS degree within two years, then transfer and major in a specific discipline. See your Faculty or Academic Advisor to obtain specific requirements as course requirements vary by transfer institution.
College of DuPage has partnered with a number of colleges and universities to create innovative transfer agreements for students to transfer seamlessly to earn a bachelor's degree. Many articulated agreements have a predetermined course plan and requirements. Students should work closely with the faculty or the Counseling and Advising office regularly to ensure proper courses are taken.
- Columbia College Chicago, AAS MPTV- Animation to BFA in Traditional Animation
- Columbia College Chicago, AAS MPTV- TV Production to BA in Television- Internet and Mobile Media
- Columbia College Chicago, AAS MPTV- TV Production to BA in Television- Post- Production and Effects
- Columbia College Chicago, AAS MPTV- TV Production to BA in Television- Production and Directing
- Columbia College Chicago, AAS MPTV- TV Production to BA in Television- Writing and Producing
- Eastern Illinois University, AAS MPTV- Film/ Video to BA in TV Video Production
- Eastern Illinois University, AAS MPTV- Television Production to BA in TV Video Production
- Eastern Illinois University, AAS MPTV- Digital Broadcast Journalism to BA in Journalism with Broadcast News
- Kansas City Art Institute, AAS MPTV to BFA in Animation
- Kansas City Art Institute, AAS MPTV to BFA in Filmmaking
- Kansas City Art Institute, AAS MPTV to BFA in Photography
Articulation Agreements and Guaranteed Admissions Programs are not the only ways that students can transfer. College of DuPage courses are designed to transfer to many different institutions. Transfer guides are available to aid students in this process.
Transfer guides suggest specific College of DuPage course subjects that meet prerequisites for specific majors. These guides also provide contact information, basic information about the major, admission & degree requirements, general education requirements and transfer policies. Explore transfer guides by transfer institution.
Deciding on a college or university to finish your studies is an important decision. To assist you in this decision process we have collected the following resources. Please know that these links are not a part of College of DuPage and are provided as a service and no endorsement is expressed or implied.
- Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)
The Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) is a statewide transfer agreement, which is transferable among more than 100 participating college or universities in Illinois.
This online tool will help you identify colleges and universities that will accept your transfer courses. Be sure to check out the videos posted on the website to learn more about utilizing this tool.
- Sort Schools
This database is part of the Illinois Career Information System with access provided by the College of DuPage Library. This college and university search tool allows students to research transfer schools based on major, location, size and a variety of other search factors.
- Attend a Transfer Event
Many colleges and universities participate in on-campus events to highlight transfer opportunities.
For additional online planning tools visit Transfer Research Resources for more information on transferring.
Contact InformationCounseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200
Phone: (630) 942-2259
Email: Ask a counselor or program advisor a quick question.
- Main Campus Summer Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (closed on Fridays)
- COD Centers Hours
Tony Venezia, Program Chair/Animation
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 295
Jennifer Piehl, Television
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 171
John Rangel, Film/Video
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 170
Arts, Communication, and Hospitality Division
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 219
MPTV Lab Office
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 173
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.