Creates a seamless transfer path from College of DuPage to Illinois Institute of Technology into selected majors.
- Guaranteed Admission
- $25,000 Annual Transfer Scholarship
- Illinois Tech Support
- Program eligible to all current COD engineering students.
Guarantees admission into the major of choice at Illinois Tech upon completion of studies at College of DuPage.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
$25,000 Annual IIT Scholarship
Illinois Tech will guarantee the offer of a special transfer scholarship of $25,000 (prorated for part-time students) to students who are successfully admitted to Illinois Tech through the Guaranteed Admission program. This is available each year at IIT until completion of the undergraduate degree.
Illinois Tech Support
Receive individualized support from an Illinois Tech transfer admission counselor who will guide you through the transfer process and help you plan out your course selection at COD and Illinois Tech.
Applicants may take Illinois Tech “gateway” courses while they are enrolled at COD prior to transfer at a discounted rate of $100 per credit hour. These courses are available on the IIT Rice Campus and help with meeting prerequisites in certain majors.
Transfer applications are considered for students who are pursuing an associate degree in COD’s engineering program.
- Enroll in the FastForward to Illinois Tech Program at least one year before transfer.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application and through the final semester at COD.
- Earn a minimum technical GPA of 2.8 for all relevant math and science courses.
- Apply to Illinois Tech by the Aug. 1 (fall) or Dec. 1 (spring) transfer admission application deadline.
- Earn an associate degree from COD or opt to earn an associate degree via reverse transfer of credits from Illinois Tech at a later date.
- Earn a minimum of 30 credits at COD prior to transfer, and complete the required courses outlined in the transfer guides for your intended major.
Course Selection and Transfer Guides
For more information contact
Professor of Engineering, College of DuPage
Director of Student Success, Illinois Institute of Technology