COVID 19 Info – Math Placement for summer classes only
Note: All College of DuPage testing locations are currently closed.
Before registering for a SUMMER 2020 Math Course, you will need to do one of the following.
1. If you have not taken an ALEKS PPL Math Placement Test
Log in to inside.cod.edu with your COD username and password. In the Math Placement Tests area, click the Test 1 link to create your ALEKS PPL account. Take Test 1 at home keeping in mind the following recommendations:
- Only use the resources provided by the test itself. Do NOT use any textbooks, websites, friends, family, or a personal calculator. The test will give you everything you need, including an on-screen calculator for certain problems. All you need is a paper, pencil, and the test.
- ALEKS PPL will use the results of Test 1 to provide a practice module and a score which you can use as a recommendation for summer course placement. The practice module can be used to prepare for your summer class or for later proctored tests. Receiving help on this test is detrimental, because you will not receive a score that is accurate according to your current skill level.
- Math builds on previous math concepts. If you don't understand or can't do prerequisite math, you are not likely to succeed in a course. We want you to be successful.
After completing the test use your score to refer to the chart below for course placement.
2. If you have taken an ALEKS PPL Math Placement Test
Log into your ALEKS PPL account and review your scores. Refer to the chart below for course placement.
Registering for Summer 2020 Math Courses
For Summer 2020 ONLY, you may use any ALEKS PPL score (including Test 1) to register for a math class based on the chart below. Upon registering for a class you will need to complete the following waiver in myACCESS.
Summer 2020 Math Placement Information
For Summer 2020 ONLY, you may use any ALEKS PPL score (including Test 1) to register for a math class based on the score breakdown below.
|If your score on the ALEKS PPL is:||Then you may enroll in the following courses(s):|
|0-5||Contact the Adult Education Office (SRC 1110) at 630-942-3697 for assistance|
|14-100||Math 0481, Math 1100|
|30-100||Math 0471, Math 0482***, Math 1102 (Allied Health Majors), Math 1115|
|46-100||Math 1120, Math 1218, Math 1220, Math 1428***, Math 1321***|
|55-100||Math 1533, Math 1635, Math 2115, Math 1431***|
|61-100||Math 1432, Math 2134|
Summer 2020 Waiver
When registering for a summer math class, you will need to check off one of the following options:
- I have taken the prerequisite math course or equivalent with a grade of C or higher.
- I have taken an ALEKS PPL test. I used the score course table to see what courses are recommended and am choosing this course based on that recommendation.
You must take responsibility for the prerequisite knowledge needed to be successful in a math course and also understand that summer math classes go twice as fast.
ALEKS Geometry for Summer 2020
If you are taking a math class that requires an ALEKS Geometry score, email firstname.lastname@example.org (from your COD email) with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- COD ID number
- The word "Geometry" in the subject line
Directions for taking an ALEKS Geometry test will be sent to your College of DuPage email address.