Register for a Placement Test
Placement Policies and Procedures
Do you need to take a Placement Test?
- Check the course catalog to see if your courses require a placement test score.
- Learn about alternative ways to satisfy placement requirements by clicking on the placement test links below.
- If you took ACCUPLACER Reading, Writing, or ELS placement tests at another institution you may be able to use them. A Placement Testing Transfer Form must be submitted.
- Health Science program students may be required to take placement tests regardless of exemptions. See program packet for details.
- Engineering Pathways students are required to take the Math placement test. Students will also need to take a Reading and Writing placement test unless they have a qualifying ACT or SAT score.
Getting Started with Placement Testing
- Learn more about placement requirements:
- Prepare for your Placement Test:
- Complete Placement Requirements:
- Math Placement
- Reading and Writing Placement
- ELS Reading and Writing Placement
- If Accommodations are needed:
- Alternate versions of the Reading and Writing placement tests are available for students with disabilities.
- Prior to testing, students must submit appropriate documentation of their disability to the Center for Access and Accommodations.
- Meet with an Advisor:
- View your scores and speak with an advisor to help you choose the appropriate classes.
- Counseling, Advising, and Transfer Services are located at all College of DuPage locations.
College of DuPage placement test scores can be sent to other institutions for a fee. A Placement Test Score Release Form must be submitted. Please verify with your institution if placement test scores from another institution will be accepted.