Surgical Technology Program graduates will:
- Correlate the knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and microbiology
to their role as a Surgical Technologist.
- Demonstrate a safe and professional level of practice and knowledge in their role
as a Surgical Technologist.
- Acquire an understanding of the ethical, legal, moral, and medical values related
to the patient and the surgical team during the perioperative experience.
- Correlate the elements, action, and use of medications and anesthetic agents used
during the perioperative experience
- Implement safe practice techniques in regards to perioperative routines, patient transportation,
positioning, and emergency procedures.
- Integrate principles of surgical asepsis as part of the perioperative experience.
- Accurately apply knowledge and skills of a professional Surgical Technologist to address
the biopsychosocial needs of the surgical patient.
- Perform proficiently and competently as an entry-level surgical technologist in the
cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains
- Value the professional attributes of the Surgical Technologist
Program Contact Information
Please visit the Program Contacts page for detailed information.