From disc jockey to college administrator, from youth counselor to campaign director, from television personality to real estate developer, careers in speech are as diverse as the people who make up our culture.
Whether you are a speech major or simply exploring the field as part of your general education, the career skills developed in the wide variety of speech classes offered include group interaction strategies, poise and confidence in public speaking, productive techniques for conflict resolution, the artistic development of creativity, and interactive approaches to corporate culture and public relations.
A student of speech obtains a broad-based liberal arts education with the additional advantage of superior communication skills development, thus turning the student into a highly desirable employment candidate with a leg up on others.
College of DuPage students also may benefit from participation on the Speech Forensics Team. Activities include oral interpretation, public speaking and readers theater. For information about the speech team, call (630) 942-2507.
Speech Program Guide (PDF)
If you are considering this program as an area of study, please contact a faculty member.
If you are unable to contact a faculty member, messages may be left with the Arts, Communication, and Hospitality Division, McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 219, (630) 942-2048.
- Abeln, Kacy - Assistant Professor, email@example.com, BIC 2E07B, (630)942-2175.
- Benassi, Marco - Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, BIC 2E07J, (630)942-3049.
- Elwell, Geoffrey - Professor, email@example.com, BIC 2E07F, (630)942-3145.
- Geiger, Jude - Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, BIC 2E09E, (630)942-2179.
- Miller, Christopher - Professor, email@example.com, BIC 2E07G, (630)942-2823.
- Morgan, Lauren - Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, BIC 2E07H, (630)942-2007.
- Poston, Sarah - Associate Professor, email@example.com, BIC 2E07C, (630)942-3296.
- Slott, Casey - Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, BIC 2E07E, (630)942-2446.
- Thompson, Stephen - Associate Professor, email@example.com, BIC 2E07D, (630)942-2121.
- Wood, Brandon - Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, BIC 2E07A, (630)942-2794.
Speech Program Support Specialist
- Anna Gay
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1441A, (630) 942-2502