Diagnostic Medical Imaging – Sonography Program Learning Outcomes
- To prepare competent entry-level general sonographers in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- To prepare competent entry-level vascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- Educate competent and compassionate sonographers capable of functioning as an entry level Sonographer
- Provide a comprehensive competency-based curriculum
- Prepare the student to think and act independently
- Prepare the student for entry into the ever-changing sonography work environment
- Prepare the student to achieve a satisfactory result on the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) board exams for Obstetrics/Gynecology, Abdomen/Superficial Structures, Physics Instrumentation (SPI) & Vascular Technology (RVT)
- Provide comprehensive student education to aid in student retention, course, and program completion