Physical Therapist Assistant Program graduates will
- Demonstrate accurate data collection on patients through interviews, observation, and assessments.
- Provide a safe and effective treatment session, practicing within the legal and ethical parameters of the physical therapy profession.
- Describe appropriate safety procedures in the clinical setting following the facilities policies and procedures
- Demonstrate procedures to maintain a safe and efficient physical environment
- Determine adjustments to the intervention within the plan of care established by the physical therapist in response to patient clinical indications
- Identify when intervention should be modified or discontinued, demonstrating critical thinking
- Demonstrate effective written, oral and nonverbal communication skills, and professional behavior, when interacting with patients, their families, and staff.
- Demonstrate assistance in patient care management of physical therapy services.
- Subscribe to activities supporting continued personal and professional growth.