- The simulation/skills lab rooms are to be treated as a professional setting at all times. Please treat the manikins and the equipment with proper care and respect. Treat the manikins as you would a real patient.
- Please wash your hands before any contact with the manikins and/or equipment. Natural oils on your hands can destroy the "skin". Utilize gloves provided as you would in the clinical setting.
- Iodine and ink will leave a permanent mark on the manikins.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the simulated patient rooms. ONLY covered beverages are permitted in conference rooms and skills lab.
- Manikins are to remain on the beds at all times. Equipment should only be relocated/removed by authorized persons.
- Please leave the simulation conference room/skills lab as you found it. Clean up after yourself, replace items for repackaging, and use appropriate waste bins.
- Professional conduct and communication are expected at all times in simulation and skills lab. You will be participating and observing others during simulation experiences. Please maintain a respectful and safe learning environment for your colleagues.
- It is expected that you will come to simulation having completed the assigned prep work, with a professional attitude, and a desire to actively participate in the learning experience.
- Bring your issued supplies (including your own stethoscope) to skills lab and lab classes for practice.
- Keep all personal items in the conference room.
- Respect confidentiality and apply HIPAA at all times.
- You are accountable for ALL skills and knowledge acquired.
- Clinical dress code is required for simulation only. Refer to your handbook for details. You may dress casually for skills lab.
Nursing Lab Assistant Office
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 2142
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 2145
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 2136
Melissa Ericson, Nursing Simulation and Lab Manager