The College of DuPage Associate Degree Nursing Program curriculum incorporates established professional standards, guidelines, and competencies.
- Safety: Provide safe and holistic nursing care throughout the lifespan to a culturally diverse society grounded in science and the nursing process.
- Patient-Centered Care: Apply nursing judgment to ensure the delivery of patient-centered care and promotion of health for patients within a family and community context.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Collaborate effectively within nursing and interdisciplinary healthcare teams to foster open communication, respect, and shared decision-making.
- Evivdence-Based Practice an Quality Improvement: Incorporate a spirit of inquiry to make evidence-based clinical judgments and management decisions for quality improvement.
- Informatics: Integrate information and technology to communicate manage knowledge, and support decision making in the practice of nursing care.
- Professionalism: Assumes accountability for practice in accordance with professional, legal and ethical standards.