Students who complete courses in Mass Communication will:
- Apply critical thinking skills to the understanding of mass media.
- Display an understanding of the historical, ethical and current legal framework in which mass communication has evolved in a global society.
- Demonstrate knowledge of written, visual, multimedia and social media literacies as practiced in the related mass communication industries in the 21st century.
- Develop and use original content for different media formats, including written, visual, radio, internet, apps.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mass media communication values including timeliness, impact, and storytelling ability as portrayed in written, visual and spoken formats.
- Demonstrate usage of mass media writing and speaking skills necessary in a multimedia environment.
- Understand how to produce a “multimedia package.”