Cover Letters, Resumes, and Interviewing
Every LTA student is required to produce a resume and write a cover letter, with the goal of finding success in interviewing and landing a really great job. This is a collection of useful sites for these important job seeking activities.
Here you'll find help writing a cover letter that will make you stand out from other candidates.
- COD Career Services Center Guide to Cover Letter Writing
- The Writing Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University Cover Letter Workshop
- How to Write a Cover Letter: 31 Tips You Need to Know
Writing a resume isn't always easy, but these resources can help get you started.
- Resume Generator from ReadWriteThink
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University Resume Workshop
- COD Career Services Center Guide to Resume Writing
- COD Career Services Center Resume Basics
- Harvard Business Review: How to Write a Resume That Stands Out
Interviews can be intimidating, but with lots of preparation and some help from these resources, you'll improve your chances of landing the job.
- Career Services from Western State College (Colorado) Interview Preparation
- The Riley Guide to Interviewing
- UMUC Interviewing Guide
Amanda Musacchio, Instructor
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3137, (630) 942-3787
Social/Behavioral Sciences and the Library Division Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06