Every LTA student is required to produce a resume and write a cover letter, with the goal of finding success in interviewing and landing a really great job. This is a collection of useful sites for these important job seeking activities.
Here you'll find help writing a cover letter that will make you stand out from other candidates.
- COD Career Services Center Guide to Cover Letter Writing
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University Cover Letter Workshop
- How to Write a Cover Letter: 31 Tips You Need to Know
Writing a resume isn't always easy, but these resources can help get you started.
- Resume Generator from ReadWriteThink
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University Resume Workshop
- COD Career Services Center Guide to Resume Writing
- COD Career Services Center Resume Basics
- Harvard Business Review: How to Write a Resume That Stands Out
Interviews can be intimidating, but with lots of preparation and some help from these resources, you'll improve your chances of landing the job.
Amanda Musacchio, Instructor
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3137, (630) 942-3787
Social/Behavioral Sciences and the Library Division Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06