Library and Information Technology Program graduates will
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the philosophy and values of librarianship.
- Have an understanding of the four different types of libraries and the different services they provide.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current library technologies such as website development, integrated library systems, and library databases.
- Have an understanding of the Library Bill of Rights including ethics, privacy, and security issues.
- Be prepared to respond to and understand diversity needs of library users.
- Have an understanding of the functions of the departments and services in a library such as Public Services, Technical Services, and Youth Services
Amanda Musacchio, Instructor
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3137, (630) 942-3787
Social/Behavioral Sciences and the Library Division Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06