Human Services A.A.S. Degree General Education Requirements
English (total of 6 credit hours required)
- English 1101: Composition I - 3 hours
- English 1102: Composition II - 3 hours
- Speech 1100: Fundamentals of Speech Communication or Speech 1102: Small-Group Communication
- Students transferring to NLU need Speech 1100
Physical and Life Science (3 credit hours required)
- Select at least one course with a lab component. Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Earth Science, Microbiology, Physics and Zoology are acceptable areas of study. Students transferring to NLU should complete Biology 1100.
Mathematics (3 credit hours required)
- Choose any mathematics course 1100-level or above. Select course(s) consistent with specific and general degree requirements. Psychology 2280 may be substituted for the math requirement.
Humanities (3 credit hours required)
- Acceptable areas of study include: Art, Chinese, English (except 1101, 1102 and 1105), French, German, History (except 1163, 2213, 2256, 2257 and 2260), Humanities, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Music, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Russian, Spanish, Speech 1110 or 2110, and Theater. Students transferring to NLU are advised to complete Philosophy 1100.
Social and Behavioral Sciences (3 credit hours required)
- Acceptable areas of study include: General Psychology 1100, Anthropology, Economics (except 1110), Education 1100, Geography, History 1130, 1140, 2210, 2215 or 2260, Political Science, Psychology (except 1140), Social Science (except 1100), and Sociology (except 2290). Students transferring to NLU should complete Psychology 1100.
Contemporary Life Skills (3 credit hours required)
- Interpersonal Dynamics (Human Services 1113 fulfills this requirement).
Total hours: 27
Andrea Polites, MSW, LCSW, ICDVP, CADC, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536B, (630) 942-2103
Jason Florin, MHS, CAADC, MISA I, SAP, Associate Professor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536, (630) 942-2043
Julie Trytek, LCPC, CADC, Assistant Professor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC) 2536, (630) 942-2328
Human Services Faculty and Adjunct Faculty
Kelly A. Lidinsky, Program Advisor
Human Services Programs
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Direct line: (630) 942-3248
For appointments, contact Counseling & Advising
Human Services Office
The Human Services program office is located on the second floor of the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536.
Social/Behavioral Sciences and the Library Division Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06