Green English banner with pen and letters

Enrolling in the Professional Writing Certificate

  1. Enroll as a COD student.
  2. If you already have a BA or BS degree, send your transcripts to Records. Most likely for a bachelor’s degree, you completed first-year writing courses, and thus would be given credit for COD’s first-year writing courses, English 1101 and/or English 1102.
  3. Enroll in the Professional Writing Certificate. Log on to MyAccess. On the bottom right hand side of the page, click on “Student Forms.” Then click on “Student Academic Program Change Request.” Fill out your information and for Program Codes write ENGLI.CER.PROF. Click “Submit “and officially enroll.

Register for courses via MyAccess.

During the semester in which you plan on graduating, complete the Application for Degree or Certificate. Fill out your information and add the Program Code ENGLI.CER.PROF. Submit and ensure that the Professional Writing Certificate will be on your official COD transcripts.

 Tuition varies, depending upon your age and residency.

Since the Professional Writing Certificate is an 18.0 credit hour program, it is approved for financial aid. Please visit for more information.

If you have any other questions, contact Dr. Steven Accardi, Program Chair of Writing Studies & Professional Writing Certificate.