Career and Certification Information
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Illinois CPA Society Student Site
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Internal Revenue Service
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- United States Secret Service
- Young Professionals for the Illinois CPA Society - Interview
College of DuPage Accounting Club
The COD Accounting Club is open to all current and potential accounting majors. Contact Kathy Horton at Horton@cod.edu for more information.
College of DuPage Alpha Beta Gamma Honors Society
To be eligible to become a member of Alpha Beta Gamma, the College of DuPage Business and Technology honors society, a student must have completed 15 semester hours, have a 3.0 overall GPA and intend to concentrate study in a business or technology discipline.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Students may join the AICPA as a Student Affiliate or as a CPA Candidate (that is, someone who is in the workforce but has not yet passed the CPA Exam).
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) is a global organization with more than 40,000 members in 125 countries dedicated to reducing the impact of fraud. It is the leading resource for anti-fraud training and educational products, providing practical solutions to professionals engaged in the prevention, detection and investigation of corporate fraud.
Institute of Management Accountants
The Fox Valley Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) typically holds annual “student night” meetings.
Illinois CPA Society
There are two options available to COD students for membership in the Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS):
- Full-time student membership.
- COD part-time student membership.
Additional information and a membership application is available at the Illinois CPA Society website.
Business and Applied Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034
Phone: (630) 942-2592