- 6th edition APA Format: Google Docs Template
- 7th edition APA Format: Google Docs Template
- Notable Changes to APA Style from 6th edition to 7th edition
- Adding Citations to a Google Doc
Study Skills Resources
- Study Skills Guide
The academic advising office of the College of St. Benedict/St. John's University presents this site full of advice on time management, taking an essay exam, effective reading and note-taking, and other academic skills.
- COD Tutoring Services Student Success Resources
Topics include anxiety, attitude, concentration, information processing, motivation, selecting main ideas, self-testing, test taking, time management, understanding academic resources.
- Academic Posters Template
Use the academic posters template and watch the How to Create Great Academic Posters video.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab
This extensive site features handouts on writing-related issues, resources for working online, and hypertext workshops on resumes, cover letters, research papers, conducting research online, and email tutoring.
- Texas A&M Writing Center
Questions to help you analyze a journal article or essay.
- Writing Paragraphs
A page providing an excellent overview and exercises, part of the University of Ottawa's HyperGrammar site, a wonderful resource in itself.
- University of Richmond's Writing Web
Explore topics by stage of the writing process, from writing a first draft to documenting sources.
- Invention Techniques
The Hunter College Writing Center reviews 10 different invention techniques.
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance