ELA Conversation Circles are:
- FREE for COD students
- a wonderful way for a group of COD students who are enrolled in ELA classes to practice English outside of class.
- led by patient and knowledgeable tutors who are trained to work with ELA students.
- a group of non-native English speaking students reading and discussing an ELA newspaper, News for You, and participating in other activities developed by the tutors.
- helpful for students to improve reading and writing in English.
- an opportunity for students to listen and speak in English to natives and non-natives.
- great for students to gain confidence speaking in English, either one-on-one or in small, focused groups.
- a place to develop thinking in English.
- an opportunity to practice English for higher ELA courses (0955, 0956, and 0958), other COD courses or for a job.
- ELA Conversation Circles - Main Campus
- ELA Conversation Circles - Addison
- ELA Conversation Circles - Online
- Nursing Conversation Circles
ELS Conversation Circles are:
- offered during the Fall and Spring semesters
- an opportunity to get together and make connections with other students who want to practice conversational English.
- a place where you will develop and practice your English conversational skills AND your listening too.
- an environment where you can learn about other cultures and make new friends.
- a group led by two WRSA coaches who have experience working with ELS students.
- FREE for COD students who are in any ELS class (Reading, Writing, Speaking/Listening)
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102, (630) 942-3941
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage