Placement Test Workshops
- Reading Placement Test Workshops
- Writing Placement Test Workshops
- eWrite Essay Placement Test Workshops
- ESL Placement Test Workshops for First-time Test Takers
- Math Placement Test Prep Sessions (My Math Test)
Do You Need to Take A COMPASS Placement Test?
- Send your ACT scores to the Records Office. Depending on
your score, you may not be required to take all of the placement tests. For further details visit: www.cod.edu/testing.
- If you are required to take the tests, most can be taken twice in a two-year period. To be granted a third opportunity to take the reading and writing placement test, you may participate in a process offered by Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance. Details of the process are outlined here.
- The second attempt at the Math Placement Test must be taken within 28 days of the first attempt.
- Our 45-minute workshops can help you make the most of each attempt. Workshops are offered throughout the year.
- Join us for one of the placement COMPASS Placement Test Workshops. For more information and to register call (630) 942-3941.
COMPASS Placement Test Workshops
The COMPASS reading workshop helps students get accustomed to the test format. The workshop provides an overview of the test, sample questions, and study aids. In addition, a review of test-taking strategies help students gain confidence and sharpen their skills.
Wednesday, December 2, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, December 8, 5 p.m.
Wednesday, January 6, 11 a.m.
Thursday, January 14, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, January 19, 1 p.m.
Reading Workshops are also offered at the off-campus centers. View the locations, dates and times of the Off-Campus Workshops.
An overview of the grammar test, sample questions, and study aids.
Wednesday, December 2, 2 p.m.
Tuesday, December 8, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, January 6, noon
Thursday, January 14, 6 p.m.
Tuesday, January 19, 2 p.m.
Writing Workshops are also offered at the Off-Campus Centers. View the locations, dates and times of the Off-Campus Workshops.
The COMPASS writing workshop will include a "refresher" on essay structure and development. Also covered are resources to study, test taking tips, and understanding the test directions. Students attending the workshop will review the writing process and will have a realistic idea of what is required.
Wednesday, December 2, 3 p.m.
Tuesday, December 8, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, January 6, 1 p.m.
Thursday, January 14, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, January 19, 3 p.m.
An overview of the test including a summary of test sections,
preparation tips, and study aids.
Wednesday, December 9, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, January 13, noon
Math Placement Test Prep Sessions using My Math Test
My Math Test is a free, online math practice program used to prepare for the COMPASS Math Placement Test. The workshop does not include math instruction, but guides problem-solving. During the workshop participants will register for My Math Test, learn how to navigate the program, and become familiar with Take a Test and the Study Plan created just for you. Following the session, work in the program can be completed from any computer with Internet access.
Monday, November 30, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, December 9, 10 a.m.
Thursday, December 17, 5 p.m.
Wednesday, January 6, 6 p.m.
Saturday, January 9, 10 a.m.
Saturday, January 9, noon
Wednesday, January 13, 10 a.m.
Friday, January 15, 10 a.m.
Tuesday, January 19, 5:30 p.m.
Math Placement Test Prep Sessions are also offered at the Off-Campus Centers. View the locations, dates and times of the Off-Campus Prep Sessions.
*If you are unable to attend a workshop and would like access to MyMathTest call (630) 942-3941 for information.
Geometry Review Workshops
The Geometry Workshops are intended for students who need to take the Geometry Placement Test and who have taken geometry at one time but want to review. The Geometry Review is given in two 2-hour sessions and it is suggested that students attend both workshops.
Session 1: Angles, Parallel Lines, Triangles and Circles
Monday, December 7, 4 p.m.
Tuesday, December 15, 11 a.m.
Tuesday, January 5, 5 p.m.
Monday, January 11, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, January 19, 10 a.m.
Session 2: Quadrilaterals, Practice Test
Wednesday, December 9, 4 p.m.
Thursday, December 17, 11 a.m.
Thursday, January 7, 5 p.m.
Wednesday, January 13, 1 p.m.
Thursday, January 21, 10 a.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage