What is Hangouts?
Math Assistance using Google Hangouts is a video chat application that enables you to call in and talk to professional staff in the Math Assistance Area. It utilizes video, so staff can talk you through your math questions while you watch and listen.
When is Hangouts available?
Math Assistance using Hangouts is available
- Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m.
Math Assistance using Hangouts is only available to currently enrolled COD students.
- A Gmail account (Free at Google.com)
- A device with a camera and microphone, like your smartphone, computer, or tablet.
- Web Browser – Google Chrome is recommended. (A plug-in may need to be downloaded with other browsers.)
How does it work?
Call using Google Hangouts during the Math Assistance Hangout hours and ask your questions.
View the instructions to get connected using your PC, Mac, or smartphone.
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance