Culinary and Hospitality Center (CHC)
- Completed in fall of 2011, this $25 million facility was funded through proceeds from a successful 2002 capital referendum.
- It is approximately 60,000 square feet.
- The CHC houses the College's Hospitality Administration and Culinary Arts programs, as well as Multimedia Services.
- The new center doubled the enrollment space available for these programs, allowing for a 30 percent growth in enrollment and both fall/spring start dates.
- Wheat Café, a student-run casual dining room with an adjacent Culinary Market and Bake Shop that sells pastries and meals prepared by Culinary Arts students.
- Skills Kitchens, Fine-Dining and Casual Dining Kitchens, and Chocolate Room for Pastry Arts
- Winter Garden Lobby with Fireplace and seating - Culinary Amphitheatre for College and guest lectures/cooking demonstrations
- Multimedia TV Studio
- Classrooms and multipurpose meeting room (Silverleaf)
- Inn at Water's Edge Hotel for Hotel/Lodging Management students with six fully-appointed suites, front desk, laundry services and breakfast room.
- COD is one of only a few colleges and universities nationwide to house a professionally operated fine dining restaurant and a six-bedroom boutique hotel within its educational center.
- The CHC has been constructed for U.S. Green Building Council's LEED certification, making it the first culinary learning facility in the nation to achieve this prestigious designation.
- COD's programs are accredited by the Education Foundation of the American Culinary Federation, making COD one of the few schools in the nation to have accreditation for both food service administration and culinary arts.
- The food service and restaurant industry is one of the nation's largest private-sector
employers. An additional two million new jobs are expected to open up over the next
Architect/Engineer: Loebl Schlossman and Hackl
Construction Manager: W B Olson
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage