Tel.: (630) 942-2521
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E07B
Areas of Research Interest:
Using film in the composition classroom, addressing social issues as a means of teaching composition, learner-centered approaches in teaching, using technology as facilitator of educational outcomes.
The films of Martin Scorsese, The Coen Brothers, Spike Lee, David Cronenberg
Recent Courses Taught:
- English 1101
- English 1102
- English 1154
- An exploration of genre and cinematic and literary influence in the films of Joel and Ethan Coen.
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- Midwest Conference on Literature, Language and Media 2009: Presented "The Language of War in Byron's Childe Harold"
- Midwest Conference on Literature, Language and Media 2010: Presented "Always Put One in the Brain: Masculinity and the Head in Miller's Crossing"
- Allerton Articulation Conference 2010: Presented "Coen Brothers Film & Literature Pedagogy Project"
- Midwest Popular Culture Association 2010:Presented" 'A True and living prophet of destruction': Chigurh as Vietcong in the Novel/Film No Country for Old Men"
- Allerton Articulation Conference 2013:Presented "Using Documentary Film in The Composition II Classroom"
- M.A. in English (Film & Literature) Northern Illinois University, 2010
- B.A. in English Northern Illinois University, 2008
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage