Interested in Having a Booth or Workshop? Our Call for Exhibitors is now open! Please be sure to read the information below to ensure you have all the information you need and understand the expectations before completing the application.
Booth Activity Expectations
Exhibits will be located in the main arena of the Physical Education Center (PEC) on the Glen Ellyn campus of College of DuPage. Here are some additional details about what to expect with the hands-on exhibits:
- You have the option for your booth to be indoors or outdoors in the parking lot next to the exhibit hall.
- Booths must include an interactive activity or demonstration and can target any age group
- Electricity is limited. If your activity requires electricity, you will need to provide a justification for the use of electricity. (only exhibit activities that demonstrate a unique benefit from the use of electricity will be approved)
- Booths should be set up by 9:30 a.m. and should remain open for the duration of the event (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Workshops will run during STEMCON and will take place in various classroom spaces throughout the College of DuPage campus. Here are some additional details about what to expect with the workshops:
- All morning workshops end by 12:30 p.m.; All afternoon workshops begin after 1:30 p.m.
- Workshops may be offered for any age range and will be limited to 20 participants. Participants under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Workshop sessions will be listed as half-hour or hour-long workshops. This will include some travel time to and from the main event, so you should anticipate that a half-hour workshop would have approximately 20-25 min of engagement and an hour-long workshop would have approximately 45-50 min of engagement.
- Workshops should be interactive in nature.
NOTE: If you want to offer BOTH a booth activity AND a workshop, you MUST be able to fully staff both spaces during the event (i.e. you CANNOT leave your booth unattended to go run a workshop).
Box Lunch Options
All exhibitors will receive a complimentary box lunch. While we know you may not know specifics at this time, we ask that you estimate the needs for your booth and then you will have the opportunity to update your lunch requests closer to the event. The following lunch options will be available:
- Classic Turkey Club: Smoked turkey with Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on sourdough bread. Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybean, Gluten, Mustard (540 cal/sandwich)
- Tandoori Cauliflower and Pepper Wrap: Tandoori spiced cauliflower, roasted red pepper mayo, baby spinach and red peppers in a flour tortilla. Contains: Wheat, Gluten, Sulphites (290 cal/wrap)
- Garden Salad with Portobello: Romaine lettuce and spring mix topped with sliced portobello, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and shredded carrots. Served with balsamic vinaigrette. Contains: Milk, soybean (240 cal/salad - with dressing)
- Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken: Romaine lettuce with grilled chicken, homestyle croutons, shredded parmesan. Served with Caesar dressing. Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybean, Fish, Gluten, Mustard (900 cal/salad - with dressing)
All lunches will come with water. Sandwich box lunches come with assorted chips and a chocolate chip cookie (contains milk, eggs, wheat, soybean, gluten). Salads come with an apple, a roll (contains gluten, wheat) and a chocolate chip cookie (contains milk, eggs, wheat, soybean, gluten). Sorry but we cannot substitute ingredients.
Attention to those with food allergies: Please be aware that all food is made in a shared kitchen. As a result, we are unable to guarantee that any menu item can be completely free of allergens. We strongly suggest that people with severe food allergies or who are concerned about cross-contamination provide their own meal.
Call for Exhibitors
You will need the following information to complete the Exhibitor/Workshop Application:
- type of exhibit (booth, workshop, or both)
- exhibit/workshop needs (tables, chairs, layout, electricity, etc.)
- activity/workshop title and description
- approximate number of box lunches needed for your booth/workshop (you will have the opportunity to update this closer to the event)