Friday, Oct. 28, 2022
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2000
Women in STEM Career Day is designed to celebrate women in STEM careers and will provide high school freshmen and sophomore girls with the opportunity to interact with positive role models and participate in hands-on activities in order to encourage more women to have positive experiences with STEM and to pursue STEM careers. The event will include hands-on sessions, career panel group discussions with women in the STEM fields, and a tour of our STEM facilities.
How to Register
Registration for this event is done by the teacher/instructor. Before completing the registration form, please make sure you have the following information:
- How many students you plan to bring to the event
- How many of each type of lunch option you will need:
- Classic Turkey Club: Smoked turkey with Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise on sourdough bread (Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybean, Gluten, Mustard), assorted chips, chocolate chip cookie (contains milk, eggs, wheat, soybean, gluten), bottled water.
- Greek Salad: Romaine lettuce and spring mix topped with grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and shredded carrots and feta cheese (Contains: Milk), apple, roll (contains gluten, wheat) and a chocolate chip cookie (contains milk, eggs, wheat, soybean, gluten).
- Providing own meal
Attention to those with food allergies
Please be aware that all food is made in a shared kitchen. As a result, we are unable to guarantee that any menu item can be completely free of allergens. We strongly suggest that people with severe food allergies or who are concerned about cross-contamination provide their own meal.
The deadline to complete the registration is Friday, Oct. 14.
- 8:30 a.m. Check-in
- 9 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
- 9:15 a.m. Keynote Speaker Kate Biberdorf
- 10 a.m. Activity Rotations and Career Panel
- 12:15 p.m. Lunch and Chaperone Trivia
- 1:15 p.m. Wrap up and Evaluations
Students can be dropped off at the SRC entrance at Door #1. Buses will need to park in Lot 6. View the map.
Terms and Conditions
By registering for this event, you certify that you understand and agree to follow the following guidelines:
- Each student will have an Acknowledgement for Full Participation form, signed in advance by a parent/guardian, to turn in upon check-in.
- Priority will be given for students who attend high schools which feed into College of DuPage District 502.
- A roster including names and grade level of all students and chaperones attending the event will be required one week prior to the event date.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Division
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06
STEM Outreach Coordinator
Institutional Resource Center (IRC), Room 1062
For College of DuPage Admissions inquiries, call (630) 942-2626 or email email@example.com.