students in class

Dual Credit Frequently Asked Questions

Selected courses for which high school students receive both college and high school credit.

These college-level courses are taught at the high school during the regular school day by high school teachers who are approved as Dual Credit Instructors by College of DuPage.

These college courses are offered to high school students at no cost –FREE!

Complete the Admission/Registration form and give it to your teacher.

Satisfy the prerequisite, if there is one.  You can get this information from your teacher.

You are establishing a college transcript that will contain the course, grade and credits earned.

Once the class is completed, the course and credits cannot be removed from your college transcript.

If you wish to withdraw from the college course, contact your teacher before the course ends.

 Yes, you may apply the college credits towards your associate degree.

College of DuPage courses transfer to most institutions across the United States. 

General Education courses transfer easily to other colleges/universities.

Career and Technical Education courses usually transfer to specific Institutions within the program area or to other institutions as elective courses fulfilling credit hour requirements.

For more information, go to, or for Illinois schools.

Order a College of DuPage transcript and have it sent to the college/university you plan to attend.

Go to

Click on “I’m new to myACCESS” to set up your account.  Use your COD student ID number.

Once an account is set up, click on “my ACCESS for Students” and follow links under “Academic Profile” for transcript request.  Select an “Official Transcript Order Form.”  Have it sent directly from COD to your college/university.

Problems? Contact the Information Technology Help Desk at (630) 942-2999 or email or the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-3838.

Ask your high school teacher.  Your ID number is on your teacher’s College of DuPage roster. 

Call the Office of Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment at (630) 942-2880.

Go to

Click on “Grades” under “Academic Profile.”

You will need your COD student ID number.

More questions?

Please call the Office of Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment at (630) 942-2880.  Email:


Contact Information

Office of Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment
Berg Instructional Center (BIC)
(630) 942-2880
Dual Credit Inquiry Form