- Proctoring services are only available in Specialized Testing Services at the Glen
- Specialized Testing Services is located in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), room 2A08.
- Proctored exams are only administered by appointment.
- Appointments must be made at minimum 48 hours in advance to avoid incurring any additional fees (see Fee Information below).
- Appointments begin when the examinee starts an exam, not when the examinee arrives. Please arrive 15 minutes early.
- A government-issued photo ID is required for all services.
- Lockers are available free of charge for testers.
- All proctored exams require a $25 Registration Fee.
- Appointments must be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance. A $15 Rush Fee is incurred when an appointment needs to be made less than 48 hours in advance.
- Rescheduling is allowed for an additional $15 Rescheduling Fee, you must call or come in to the office to reschedule.
- Fees are nonrefundable.
- Testing will not be permitted beyond the maximum allowed time indicated by the exam sponsor, or past closing of the office.
- Late arrivals may or may not be accommodated depending on seat availability and/or office hours. If the exam needs to be rescheduled, an additional fee will be assessed.
We accept exams by mail or email. We do NOT accept faxed tests. Mail the exam to:
Jarret Dyer, Coordinator
College of DuPage, Testing Center
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Email the exam and instructions to email@example.com.
Testing office phone number: (630) 942-2401.
Each exam must include the following information:
- Student’s name
- Institution’s name
- Course name and test number
- Materials student is allowed to have/access during the exam
- If a calculator is allowed, please specify what kind (graphing, non-graphing, scientific, etc.)
- Exam instructions (time limit, delivery format, etc.)
- Contact information for the institution/instructor/tech support, including after-hours/weekend contact information.
- Method of returning the exam (address/information to scan and email, fax, mail)
There is a processing time of one business day for all exams. Exams must be received at least one business day before the student's scheduled appointment..
The Testing office does not accept or distribute homework, or keep unopened exams on file for more than five months.
Proctors will scan and email, fax, or mail (USPS only) exams back to the student's institution.
If the exam must be returned by a traceable method, the institution or the student must provide a prepaid UPS envelope. (If FedEx is used, there may be an additional delay of one business day.).
Students are NOT allowed to mail the tests back themselves.Completed tests are returned the following business day.