College of DuPage maintains lockers for use by students for the storage of their learning materials and other items related to their studies. Daily-use coin-operated lockers and long-term rental lockers (semester or academic year) are available for student and employee use. The College reserves the right to manage lockers to preserve the health and safety of all individuals on campus.
The College has established guidelines to ensure responsible use and to control the contents of its lockers. By utilizing the College’s lockers, students and employees acknowledge and agree that locker use is a privilege and subject to immediate termination without notice if such guidelines are not adhered to. At no time will the College relinquish its exclusive control of lockers, which are for the temporary use and convenience of students and employees.
Locker Rental Guidelines:
- Students are to use lockers exclusively to store school-related materials. The College reserves the right to restrict the use of lockers to currently registered students or employees of the institution only, and may request proof of current student registration.
- College of DuPage will not be responsible for the loss or damage of the students’ goods under any conditions; therefore, students shall not store valuable items in lockers.
- Students will be held responsible for damage to lockers beyond expected wear.
- The College may, in its sole discretion, carry out or authorize searches/inspections
of lockers for any reason, and will discard, or have the College Police Department
take into custody, any contents that are discovered to be hazardous or in conflict
with these guidelines. The following is a partial listing of instances when the College
will exercise an inspection at its discretion without notice:
- Suspected locker abandonment
- Suspected contents that may be illegal, illicit or deemed by the College to be harmful, offensive or inappropriate, and/or at the request of, or generally in cooperation with, police authorities
- Suspected contents that provide risk to the general good of the student, student population, and/or the College
- Physical damage to, or defacing of, the locker
- Odors (spoiled/rancid food, garbage, or odorous contents) or other conditions that are deemed a potential health hazard
- Lockers may not be utilized during Summer Break (between Summer and Fall Semesters). Lockers will be cleaned during this time and all materials left in lockers will be removed and discarded. Signage will be placed near all banks of lockers to notify of cleaning dates at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the cleaning process.
If you are having difficulty accessing a coin-operated locker, contact:
College of DuPage Police Department
Student Resources Center (SRC), Room 2040,(630) 942-2000
For information regarding long-term locker rentals and/or for questions regarding the locker policies above, contact:
Office of Business Affairs
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 1210A, (630) 942-2232
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage