COD Cares is a campus-wide program for students and staff to participate together in service activities that benefit communities served by College of DuPage.
Why does COD Care?
Residents of District 502 graciously support College of DuPage. They believe in our mission to be a center for excellence in teaching, learning, and cultural experiences. This show of faith and giving to College of DuPage is a good reminder that, beyond our normal duties, it is valuable to find new and different ways to give back.
Keep your New Year's resolution to get involved! Join other COD Action Heroes in these upcoming group service activities. For all activities, please note that:
- Meals or refreshments will be provided depending on the length and timeframe of activity.
- Transportation for up to 25 people will be available on a first-come, first- served basis. Unless otherwise specified, buses will depart from and return to the Student Resource Center (SRC) south circle drive (outside of the cafeteria); however participants may drive separately or carpool with others.
- Compensated Service Hours are available with supervisor approval for COD Cares group service activities listed on the calendar below.
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Location: 555 Exchange Court, Aurora
- Pack nutritious meals specifically formulated for malnourished children for shipment to distribution partners around the world.
- 50 spots available
- Max 2.5 comp hours are available for COD employees.
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 5 to 7:30 p.m.
- Location: 273 Dearborn Court, Geneva
- Inspect, sort, and package food donations at the NIFB warehouse to be distributed to local community food pantries.
- 50 spots available.
- Max 3.5 comp hours are available for COD employees.
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: Student Services Center (SSC) Atrium
- It's all about support Planet Earth, from collecting recyclables and re-purposing materials to sharing information about community sustainability activities.
- Activities include creating tin can desk organizers and soda pop box pencil cases.
- Everyone is welcome! Registration is not required.
- Max 2 comp hours are available for COD employees.
- Sunday, April 22, 2018, TBA
- Location: Bjarne Ulsvik Stadium on campus
- Provide supportive service for athletes in the regional Special Olympics Track & Field Competition.
- Tasks include registration, award presentation, family host, athlete escorts and timers.
- 60 spots available.
- Max 6 comp hours are available for COD employees.
Compensated Service Hours are available with supervisor approval to encourage participation among employees in COD Cares group service activities listed on the calendar above. Please visit the webpage for specific details on how comp time may be used.
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage