COD at a Glance
College of DuPage Institutional Profile
- Among the state's public colleges and universities, College of DuPage, with more than 28,000 students, is the second largest provider of undergraduate education in the State of Illinois, after University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- More than 25 percent of all District 502 high school graduates attend College of DuPage during their college career.
- Each semester, around 28,000 students attend College of DuPage.
- The Glen Ellyn campus covers 273 acres and has eleven major buildings. The Glen Ellyn campus is currently undergoing renovation and expansion through the Facilities Master Plan, which has an anticipated completion date of 2014.
- College of DuPage grants nine degrees: Associate in Arts; Associate in Science; Associate in Engineering Science; Associate in Applied Science; Associate in General Studies; Associate in Fine Arts in Art; Associate in Fine Arts in Music; Associate in Arts in Teaching Secondary Mathematics; and Associate in Arts in Teaching Early Childhood Education. In addition to associate degrees, the College offers 170 certificates in 52 areas of study.
- Roughly 20 percent of students attending COD already possess a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The College of DuPage Library maintains a collection of 245,800 books, 285,000 microfiche, 29,500 video recordings (VHS and DVD), 20,700 sound recordings (CDs), 527 current periodical subscriptions (7,900 bound periodical back files), and 18 newspapers.
- There are more than 60 student clubs and organizations on campus.
- College of DuPage is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
News at COD
Continuing its year-long celebration of its 50th anniversary, College of DuPage officials recently held a reunion at Plymouth Place retirement community in La Grange with former COD staff, faculty and key community members in the College's formation.
The MAC Hosts Encores of National Theatre Live's International Series Broadcasts for 2016-2017 Season
Part of the U.K.'s National Theatre's groundbreaking project, the broadcasts bring a selection of world class, award-winning British theater productions to local venues around the world.Read More
Ticket buyers will enjoy personalized customer care from the MAC's ticket services staff, no handling fees and the chance to pick their seats. The first 50 ticket buyers that day will also receive a complimentary gift. Everyone attending the event will have the opportunity to tour the three MAC theater spaces, and enjoy free food, ticket giveaways, and live music.Read More
College of DuPage graphic design student Alpha Sadcopen has been selected to compete in the Sampaguita Scholarship Competition.Read More
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage