Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Eat • Drink • Run • Walk • Enjoy
What do you see when you look at the picture above?
- People from over 80 towns and 6 states enjoying curbside cuisine
- Race participants scoping out the competition
- A couple on their first date enjoying gelato under a shady tree
- All of the above (This is the correct answer, by the way.)
Disclaimer: You don't have to participate in the 5K to patronize the food trucks as long as you promise to do your crunches (and we don't mean the French fries from Toasty Cheese).
New this year:
- 5K after party with free live music by Tributosaurus as David Bowie If you don't know what this means, you really should look into them!
- Beer tent
- A bazillion food trucks
- Touch-A-Truck (and other free kids activities)
- Onsite ATMs Money doesn't grow on trees; it comes out of machines.
- 5 p.m. race start
The exact same this year:
- Excellent parking
- Nearby, indoor, and really clean restrooms
- Free kids activities
- CARA and USATF certified 5K Run/Walk (same course as 2015)
- $200 Visa gift card awarded to Top Overall male and female runners, and "Middle of the Pack" winner
- $50 Whole Foods gift cards to all winning team members
- iPad door prize for race participants
- 100-Yard Youth Dash
All proceeds from this event will benefit the COD Fuel Pantry, a sustenance resource on campus for COD students scheduled to open during the Fall 2016 semester.
For More Information:
Laps With the Chaps 2015
Over 1200 participants enjoyed the beautiful weather on September 26, 2015 when College of DuPage hosted the 5th annual Laps with the Chaps 5K Sunset Run/Walk and COD Food Truck Rally!
College of DuPage's Foundation Scholarship 2012
Recognition ceremony for scholarship recipients. Winners of the scholarship and the donors who made the scholarships possible are brought together every October.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage