There are seven pre-admission requirements that must be completed prior to admission to the program. The Admissions Committee for Respiratory Care requires that the following information be on file in the College of DuPage Admissions office, SRC 2046, (630) 942-3924 by the application deadline. Download the Respiratory Care Admissions packet for information.
- Complete the College of DuPage application in the COD Admissions office, SRC 2046, or online. You must complete this form before applying to a specific program within the College. If you have taken courses at College of DuPage previously, you have already completed this step.
- Complete the online Health Sciences Application for Admission form and follow the instructions. On the second page of the online application, select Respiratory Care. NOTE: You MUST submit the application online. At the time of submission, you MUST pay a $50 non-refundable Health Sciences Application fee online with a credit card.
- Send proof of high school graduation or equivalent (GED). Request official transcripts
from any schools previously attended to be sent directly to the College of DuPage
Office of Student Records, SRC 2015, 425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137-6599,
(630) 942-3838. Fill out the Health Sciences Program Evaluation Form to ensure related
coursework toward your degree will be evaluated and then sent to the Admissions office
from other colleges and College of DuPage.
Students who have completed college coursework outside of the United States must also submit documentation of enrollment/completion of English as a Second Language (ESL) courses. International transcripts from high school or college must be evaluated by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. P.O. Box 17499, Milwaukee, WI 53127, USA. Transcripts must be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by Educational Credential Evaluators. Forms may be obtained from the Office of Student Records, SRC 2015 or at: www.ece.org.
- Completion of a college-level math course or equivalent within the last seven years with a grade of "C" or better. Please send transcripts. High school applicants applying the same year as their high school graduation may use high school algebra courses. All other applicants must complete college math, 1100-level or above. Math 1102: Math for Health Care Professionals, is highly recommended. (Note: College-level math is an A.A.S. degree graduation requirement.)
- Completion of a college-level chemistry course or equivalent within the last seven years, with a grade of "B" or better. Please send transcripts. As above, high school applicants may use their high school chemistry courses if applying the same year as their high school graduation. Chem 1105 or 1211 are highly recommended. (Note: College-level chemistry is a Physical-Life Science requirement for the A.A.S. degree.)
- Complete the college's PLACEMENT tests for Reading, Writing and Math. Placement testing is required for ALL applicants regardless of previous degree completion. Applicants must be tested through the Testing Center, BIC 2405. Please call (630) 942-2400 for testing hours.
- Attend an open advising session or schedule an individual advising session with Barbara Coe, (630) 942-2518, HS 2202U, or Charles Vanderwarf, (630) 942-2105, HS 2202W. It is suggested that students schedule this advising session after completing Steps 1 to 6 listed above. This session provides individualized advising, time for students to ask questions about the program, and also permits students to review their admission file.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2014 College of DuPage