Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)
The Associate Degree Nursing program is now taking admissions applications for the Spring 2017 term.
Policy change for Spring 2017 admission: The applicants will need to achieve a cumulative score of 75. In addition, the candidate will have to achieve 75 in Verbal, Math, Reading and Anatomy and Physiology
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program is one of three entry-level pathways to nursing. The ADN program at College of DuPage (COD) is a sequential, two-year program that begins every fall semester and prepares students both academically and clinically for a career in the care of acutely and chronically ill people. ADN graduates work in a variety of health care settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory care, physician's offices and home health care.
The ADN program at College of DuPage has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation/Board of Nursing and the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) and received reaccreditation in 2008 by The Higher Learning Commission.
Program Accreditation Status:
The A.D.N. program is currently accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA, 30326. Phone: (404) 975-5000 Fax: (404) 975-5020.
- Admission Requirements
- Advising PowerPoint
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Alternate Testing Policy for Anatomy and Physiology Over 5 Years Old
- Attend a Program Advising Session
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Application
- Associate Degree Nursing Program Plan of Study
- Calculating Your Rank Score
- Estimated Program Costs 2014-2015
- Nursing Entrance Exam Resources
- Course Descriptions
- Clinical Evaluation Tools
- 2015-2016 ADN Handbook
- 2014-2015 ADN Handbook - updated 12/15/2014
- 2014-2015 ADN Handbook
- 2013-2014 ADN Handbook
- 2012-2013 ADN Handbook
Completing the Program
- NCLEX-RN and Licensure Application Process Guidelines
- NCLEX Examinations Go Green
- 2015 NCLEX Examination Candidate Bulletin
- NCLEX-RN Information Power Point
Using Data: Program Improvement and Learning Enhancement
ADN Program National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission Self Study
An ACEN meeting with the public, graduates and alumni is on March 30 in Health Sciences Center (HSC) 3301 from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Self Study Document
- Appendices to Self Study
- NLNAC Site Visitor's Final Report
- Change Report Submitted to the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
“Nursing had been a desire of mine for many years. I already had a successful career as a surveyor building heavy highways and bridges. But after two back surgeries, I decided it was time to pursue my dream of becoming a nurse and to leave my old career behind to protect my physical well-being."Read Spotlight
“I owe a huge thanks to the Learning Commons for my success. I have had tutoring in English, Math and Chemistry. Even when the normal tutoring hours didn’t work with my work schedule, they went above and beyond to assure someone could be there to help when I needed it.”Read Spotlight
“The decision to attend COD was an easy one: multiple available class times make it easier to juggle life’s responsibilities, the short commute, the helpful advisors and the fact that all of my old college credits were accepted and transferred. One class led to another, which eventually led to being accepted into the Nursing program.”Read Spotlight
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage