The best film, TV, animation, or audio programs start as dreams. Through the use of art, craft and technology, these dreams are turned into moving images and sound. The Motion Picture/Television (MPTV) program at College of DuPage is dedicated to helping students learn the art, craft and technology behind the media of moving images, and to transform dreams into work that moves.
Here are some of the many reasons to choose the MPTV program:
- Passionate faculty with award-winning, national production credits, and degrees from top programs (USC, UCLA, Northwestern)
- Smaller classes with hands-on work
- Film and television studio with multi-camera control room, lighting grid, chromakey screen, green room, and more.
- Computer labs with the latest professional, cross-platform software
- Audio studios with computers, professional software, mixers, and professional microphones
- Individual computer editing suites for advanced students
- Professional HD/SD digital video cameras and extensive support equipment
- Internship and employment opportunities with a broad range of employers in Chicago
and the suburbs
Gainful Employment Information
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
Glenn Glinke, Program Specialist
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 170, (630) 942-2892
Jennifer Piehl, Television
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 172A, (630) 942-2109
John Rangel, Film/Video
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room171, (630) 942-2910
Tony Venezia, Animation
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 159A, (630) 942-2020
MPTV Lab Office
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 173 , (630) 942-2162
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Liberal Arts Division
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2616, (630) 942-2047
Nick AtchisonMotion Picture/Television
"Animation is something you have to put your heart into. If you really want to make a cartoon or do special effects for the movies, it's a great place to start. But you have to be patient. There is a lot to learn and it won't happen overnight. The staff at COD is amazing and always supportive. I say if you're into animation, then look no further."Read Spotlight
Lee SaundersMotion Picture/Television
"The COD program provides the tools and knowledge to get started. If you listen and put in the effort to learn, you will have a solid foundation to start. The faculty will teach you the tools and help you find your voice. And you will learn how to make great work."Read Spotlight
Sam ValloMotion Picture/Television
"Once I entered the MPTV department, I was kicking myself for not having started there in the first place. The four-year college I was at had an MPTV program, but COD blew their program out of the park. I was highly impressed and really excited to finish my degree."Read Spotlight
Find us on Facebook
2014 College of DuPage