Sites and Resources for Library Jobs
- Course Descriptions
- News and Events
- Spring Course Plan
- Summer Course Plan
- Certificate and Degree Programs
- Fall Course Plan
- Delivery Mode Options
- Prospective Students
- The Library Practicum
- Current Students
- Career Information
- Transfer Students
- Professional Resources
- Library Research Guide
- Dual Admission Agreement
- Distance Education
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Site Index
The sites listed below provide specific information for library-related jobs. Most of the general sites in this Webliography have some library job listings and are useful for assisting job seekers. These sites provide specialized resources not easily found in the other listings.
American Library Association
The ALA provides the very latest information on library jobs all across the country. In an effort to assist librarians and library workers find employment, the ALA provides the following links:
- ALA Career Opportunities: Work for the ALA
- Career Leads from American Libraries: Library and Information Science positions in the U.S.
- Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) Job Site: Jobs in Library Information and Technology
- ALA Placement Services: Operates in conjunction with the ALA Midwinter Meetings and the ALA Annual Conferences
- ALA JobLIST: Search for library jobs in the U.S.
One-stop shopping, with links to the American Library Association, the Illinois library systems, and many of the regional public libraries, special libraries and academic libraries.
The jobs in the Illinois Library Association listing are updated weekly. Also included here is a wealth of information about libraries in Illinois. You may even download the latest "ILA Reporter," the publication of the Illinois Library Association.
Have you checked your job description lately? Do you have a job description? The U.S. Government has put together a detailed and accurate description of the work of library technicians. They provide salary information and a better-than-average outlook for the profession. Move from library technician to any other occupation. Don’t forget to check the charts on their home page. This will be useful for LTAs, job seekers of all types and students doing occupational research assignments.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage