Veterans Counseling Certificate
The first of its kind in Illinois, this 26-credit-hour program provides specialized training for individuals working with veterans. Beginning in the Fall 2011 semester, it meets a growing demand for professionals trained to handle the unique issues faced by those who serve our country.
Comprised of four existing Human Services courses and five new courses, the program includes a required 300-hour clinical fieldwork experience, qualifying students for an entry-level position upon completion.
The certificate is aimed at both undergraduate students who are interested in working with veterans in a variety of social service settings, and practicing clinicians already working in the field.
How Do I Get Started?
- Please complete an admission application
- Check for class availability and register
- Veteran's Counseling Certificate Tuition
For more information, contact the Human Services department at (630) 942-2103 or (630) 942-2043.
Who could benefit from the Veterans Counseling Certificate?
- Counselors, Social Workers and Psychologists
- Drug and Alcohol Counselors
- Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- State Agency Workers
- VA Hospitals
- Higher Education Administrators
- Classroom Teachers
- Human Resources Personnel
- Charities Providing Services to Veterans
- Police Officers and Firefighters
- Doctors, Nurses and Other Medical Professionals
Jason Florin, MHS, CAADC, MISA I, SAP, Associate Professor, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2603C, (630) 942-2043
Andrea Polites, MSW, LCSW, ICDVP, CADC
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2603B, (630) 942-2103
Health and Sciences Division
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2616, (630) 942-2010
2014 College of DuPage