Veterans Counseling Certificate
The first of its kind in Illinois, this 26-credit-hour program provides specialized training for individuals working with veterans. Beginning in the Fall 2011 semester, it meets a growing demand for professionals trained to handle the unique issues faced by those who serve our country.
Comprised of four existing Human Services courses and five new courses, the program includes a required 300-hour clinical fieldwork experience, qualifying students for an entry-level position upon completion.
The certificate is aimed at both undergraduate students who are interested in working with veterans in a variety of social service settings, and practicing clinicians already working in the field.
How Do I Get Started?
- Please complete an admission application
- Check for class availability and register
- Veteran's Counseling Certificate Tuition
For more information, contact the Human Services department at (630) 942-2103 or (630) 942-2043.
Who could benefit from the Veterans Counseling Certificate?
- Counselors, Social Workers and Psychologists
- Drug and Alcohol Counselors
- Employee Assistance Program Counselors
- State Agency Workers
- VA Hospitals
- Higher Education Administrators
- Classroom Teachers
- Human Resources Personnel
- Charities Providing Services to Veterans
- Police Officers and Firefighters
- Doctors, Nurses and Other Medical Professionals
Andrea Polites, MSW, LCSW, ICDVP, CADC, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536B, (630) 942-2103
Jason Florin, MHS, CAADC, MISA I, SAP, Associate Professor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536, (630) 942-2043
Julie Trytek, LCPC, CADC, Instructor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC) 2536, (630) 942-2328
Carrie Bills, M.S., Human Services Program Advisor, Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536D, (630) 942-3248
Social/Behavioral Sciences and the Library Division Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage