The Associate in Sonography degree (AAS -DMIS/DMIV) and the two certificate programs require a separate application process. The following steps apply to all three programs. Check the information packet for the application deadline.
- Apply to College of DuPage: Before you can apply to any of the Sonography programs or take any classes at the
College, you must apply to COD first. Apply now! Please note: International students must apply to the college using a separate International
Student application. Apply now!
Admissions packet: Download the information for the program you are interested in.• Vascular Sonography Certificate Admissions Packet
You must also download the Health Requirements information, which applies to ALL Sonography programs.
• Health Requirements Packet
It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and submit all necessary documents for program admission to the Health Sciences Admissions office, Student Resource Center, 2046H.
- Advising Sessions: Prior to application to any of the Sonography programs, applicants are encouraged
to attend a COD Sonography Advising Session. The format of these sessions includes
a general overview of potential careers, opportunities and specializations found in
sonography, as well as a discussion about the particulars of the DMIS/DMIV programs
at College of DuPage. Participants are provided with an opportunity for questions.
Upcoming dates and times are available online. To register, call Terrie Ciez at (630) 942-2436 or email: email@example.com and include your name, telephone number and the date of the session you would like to attend.
- PSB-HOAE – Health Occupations Aptitude Exam: Applicants to the Sonography associate degree program only MUST take the PSB-HOAE
prior to applying to the program. Applicants are only allowed to take this exam twice,
regardless of the number of times they apply to the program. There is a $30 nonrefundable
testing fee, which must be paid when registering for the exam. There are a limited
number of seats at each test, so students should plan to register early. Contact the
Registration office, SRC 2048, (630) 942-2377, or check for dates online.
- Apply to the program: Complete the online Health Sciences Application for Admission form and follow the instructions. On the second page of the online application, select
DMI Sonography Degree. You MUST submit the application online. At the time of submission,
you MUST pay a $50 non-refundable Health Sciences Application fee online with a credit
- Drug Testing: All students accepted into the Sonography program MUST complete a drug test during the summer prior to entering the program. A second drug test is required the summer prior to the student's second year in the program. The drug test must be administered at COD Health Services.
Terrie Ciez, Coordinator
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 2202F, (630) 942-2436
Health and Sciences Division
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 1220, (630) 942-8331