The Dental Hygiene program at College of DuPage admits one class per year. It is two years in length, not including the prerequisites that must be taken prior to starting in the program.
- Apply to College of DuPage: Before you can apply to the Dental Hygiene program or take any classes at the College,
you must apply to COD first. Apply now!
Please note: International students must apply to the college using a separate International Student application. Apply now!
- Download the Dental Hygiene Admissions Packet and the Health Requirements Packet. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and submit all necessary documents
for program admission to the Health Sciences Admissions office, Student Services Center,
- Advising Sessions: Prior to application to the Dental Hygiene program, applicants MUST attend a COD
Dental Hygiene Advising Session. Upcoming dates and times are available online.
- PSB-HOAE – Health Occupations Aptitude Exam: All applicants MUST take the PSB-HOAE prior to applying to the program. The test
must be completed within two years of applying to the program in order for it to be
valid for application purposes. There is a nonrefundable testing fee, which must
be paid when registering for the exam. There are a limited number of seats at each
test, so students should plan to register early. Contact the Registration office,
Student Service Center (SSC) 2221, (630) 942-2377, or check for dates online.
- Apply to the program: After applying to the College, you must submit a separate application to the Dental
Hygiene program. You can find the application in the Admissions Packet (see step 2). The application fee is $50. After filling out the application online,
you will be directed to myACCESS, where you will find next steps to complete the application process.
- Drug Testing: All students accepted into the Dental Hygiene program MUST complete a drug test during the summer prior to entering the program. A second drug test is required the summer prior to the student’s second year in the program. The drug test must be administered as part of the health requirements process.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
Dental Hygiene Clinic
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 1122, (630) 942-3250
Catherine O'ReillyDental Hygiene
"COD has been instrumental in helping me achieve the new goal I had set for myself," Catherine O'Reilly said. "I feel very lucky to have been with such an excellent group of students. Everyone has been so supportive of each other and we've become like a little family. It has been a tough course, but we made it through together."Read Spotlight
Julie BelsantiDental Hygiene
Julie Belsanti entered a Dental Hygiene program at another school before transferring to College of DuPage in 2007. She was impressed by COD's reputation and its facility. "The approachable and knowledgeable instructors are totally responsible for my success," she said.Read Spotlight
Kristofer CeredonDental Hygiene
"I've been surrounded by dedicated teachers and staff at COD who have been there for me since day one," Kristofer Ceredon said. "They have shared their experiences and wisdom about the profession as they guided the students through the rigorous coursework."Read Spotlight
2014 College of DuPage