Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security Certification
The Cisco Certified Network Associate Security Certification provides the knowledge and hands-on skills required to install, troubleshoot and monitor Cisco security network devices. Students who complete this course will be prepared to sit for the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Security Certification exam, which is a stepping stone for job roles such as network security specialist and network security administrator. CCNA Security certification is a prerequisite for becoming a Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP).
The CCNA Security certification can:
- Offer new IT professionals a rapid path to specialization in security.
- Offer experienced networking professionals a path to enhance their careers with new security knowledge and skills.
- Provide a next step for individuals who want to enhance their CCNA-level skill set and prepare for entry-level security specialist careers.
- Help IT professionals, whether new or experienced, differentiate themselves in the marketplace with specialist skills in order to achieve success.
- Serve as a major step in obtaining the CCSP certification for IT professionals wanting
to pursue a career in security. It is a prerequisite for CCSP certification.
Types of Jobs:
The Cisco CCNA Security certification validates the knowledge required to install, troubleshoot and monitor Cisco security network devices. In addition, CCNA Security confirms an individual's skills for job roles such as:
- Network security specialist
- Security administrator
- Network security support engineer
CIT 1121, Introduction to Networks, 3 credit hours
CIT 1122, Routing and Switching Essentials, 3 credit hours
CIT 1123, Scaling Networks, 3 credit hours
CIT 1124, Connecting Networks, 3 credit hours
CIT 2251, CCNA Security, 3 credit hours
Dr. Felix Davis, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1605, (630) 942-2134
Kathy Kotowski, Tech-Connect Advisor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1812B, (630) 942-3961
Kim Groesbeck, Program Support Specialist
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1634, (630) 942-2599
Business and Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage