COD Game Design and Development Curriculum
Some students at College of DuPage will not only be playing games in class but designing them as well. All with their instructor's approval.
That's because COD is unveiling new computer game design and development courses to teach students the skills needed to enter the entertainment and "serious" game industries.
Game Design and two new courses, Game Development I (2-D game creation) and Game Development II (3-D game creation), were offered during the fall 2006 semester. During the spring semester 2007, these classes have been introduced: Game Programming with C, Simulation and Serious Game Design, and Cross-Platform Game Development.
Students should consult the online Class Schedule for courses under Computer Information Systems.
An Associate in Applied Science degree in Game Programming and certificates in Game Design or Game Programming are being developed.
Take a .NET class
CIS now offers a series of .NET classes:
- CIS 1510 Graphical User Interface Programming (prerequisites are CIS 1130 and CIS 1400 or consent of instructor)
- CIS 2350 ASP .NET (prerequisites are CIS 1310 and CIS 1400)
- CIS 2561 C# .NET (prerequisite is CIS 1510 or CIS 2541)
Learn Basics for Computers
Can you answer yes to one of these questions?
- Are you unfamiliar with computers?
- Are you uncomfortable using a computer?
- Are you trying to improve your job skills?
- Do you need to develop hands-on computer skills?
- Do you need a slower paced learning environment?
- Do you require a credit course that does not count towards graduation credit?
Then the Learn Computer Basics class, CIS 0800, is for you.
CIS 0800 has no prerequisite. Enroll now!
Annette Kerwin Kathy Kotowski, Tech-Connect Advisor Kim Groesbeck, Program Support Specialist Business and Technology Division
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1738, (630) 942-2042
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1732, (630) 942-3961
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1054, (630) 942-2599
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592
Kathy Kotowski, Tech-Connect Advisor
Kim Groesbeck, Program Support Specialist
Business and Technology Division
2014 College of DuPage