COD Game Curriculum
There is a new Game Animation and Design degree that gives students the skills to design video and computer games across multiple platforms. This degree will provide the knowledge for students to gain entry-level positions as a designer and animator in such fields as game development and design, broadcast design, and television effects. The degree is a collaborative effort between the Computer Information System and Animation programs at College of DuPage.
Tony Venezia, Professor of Motion Picture/Television and Animation, said Illinois is the sixth highest state in the nation for game development. More than 49 game development companies and 48 animation companies are located in the Chicago region, as well as one of the fastest-growing independent game development markets in the country.
"This is a unique degree because we are combining classic animation techniques with video game skills and integrating animation into two- and three-dimensional programming," he said. "It's exciting to bring these areas together because of the tremendous potential for student success in the workplace."
There are also Associate in Applied Science degrees in Game Programming and Development and Game Design and Development.
Students should consult the online Class Schedule for courses under Computer Information Systems.
Take a .NET programming class
CIS offers a series of .NET classes:
- CIS 1510 Graphical User Interface Programming (Visual Basic.NET)
- CIS 2510 Advanced Graphical User Interface Programming
- CIS 2350 Introduction to ASP .NET
- CIS 2561 Introduction to C# .NET
- CIS 2562 Advanced C# .NET Programming
Learn Basics for Computers
Can you answer yes to one of these questions?
- Are you unfamiliar with computers?
- Are you uncomfortable using a computer?
- Are you trying to improve your job skills?
- Do you need to develop hands-on computer skills?
- Do you need a slower paced learning environment?
- Do you require a credit course that does not count towards graduation credit?
Then the Learn Computer Basics class, CIS 0800, is for you.
CIS 0800 has no prerequisite. Enroll now!
Dr. Sam Shamsuddin, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1601B, (630) 942-2940
Kathy Kotowski, Tech-Connect Advisor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1732, (630) 942-3961
Kim Groesbeck, Program Support Specialist
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1054, (630) 942-2599
Business and Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage