Computer Information Systems
Welcome to the Computer Information Systems Program at College of DuPage.
Get the technical skills to enhance your career at College of DuPage. Health care facilities, computer consulting services, accounting systems design, manufacturing and government agencies are a few examples of fields that provide jobs for technical and business computer experts. Retail, banking, insurance, real estate and other industries also offer many opportunities.
Job growth in computer-related careers is expected to continue into the next decade. Career opportunities provide great diversification and include data-entry personnel, technicians who install and service computer equipment, computer operators, programmers, systems analysts and software developers.
Whether you are entering a computer-related field or brushing up on computer skills, the Computer Information Systems (CIS) program offers degrees, certificates and courses that can meet all of your needs:
- Two-year Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees for microcomputer specialists and application programmers
- Certificates in Microcomputer Software, Desktop Database Proficiency, Spreadsheet Proficiency, C++ Language Proficiency, Java Language Proficiency, Visual BASIC Language Proficiency, Linux Proficiency, UNIX Proficiency, Web Technician and Web Programmer
- A two-year Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in computer science that allows you to transfer to a baccalaureate-granting institution
- 3+1 Degree, College of DuPage and Lewis University 3+1 Bachelor of Science Degree Program in
Gainful Employment Information
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
- Game Design and Development
- Game Programming and Development
- Spreadsheet Proficiency
- Linux Proficiency
- UNIX Proficiency
- Web Technician
- Web Programmer
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1738, (630) 942-2042
Kathy Kotowski, Tech-Connect Advisor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1732, (630) 942-3961
Kim Groesbeck, Program Support Specialist
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1054, (630) 942-2599
Business and Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592
Seaton Computer Center Remodel
College of DuPage will begin extensive renovations on the Seaton ComputingCenter that will transform the 20-year-old building into a showcase facility.
2014 College of DuPage