Chaparral Fitness and Pool Rules and Regulations
Chaparral Fitness Rules and Regulations
- No one is allowed in the facility without a qualified College of DuPage Staff member present. Members must scan in with a valid Chaparral Fitness/College of DuPage ID Card.
- On duty supervisor/trainer/lab assistant will have authority over all conduct and use of equipment.
- Only certified fitness professionals of the Chaparral Fitness staff, are allowed to conduct personal training.
- Proper workout/training attire is required and must be worn appropriately. Shirts, shorts, athletic wear and athletic shoes only. Chest and torso must be covered. We reserve the right to limit inappropriate apparel.
- Apparel that is torn/ripped, apparel with vulgar or profane language, cut-offs, jeans, sandals, and street shoes will not be allowed.
- No sandals or bare feet are allowed.
- Show respect for facilities, staff, and gym members.
- Respect and acknowledge staff and gym members personal space.
- Please refrain from using cell phones while utilizing the facility.
- Loud, abusive or offensive language including swearing or inappropriate conversation will not be tolerated.
- Lockers are provided. The changing area is PEC 123 & 125. Members must provide their own lock. Overnight storage is prohibited. Locks and items will be removed daily.
- Chaparral Fitness and College of DuPage staff are not responsible for members’ personal items. All personal items (i.e. bags, coats, shoes etc.) must be stored while using the facility.
- Intimate behavior with any persons, staff or members, is not acceptable. Guilty parties will be dismissed from the fitness center.
- Any bullying or conduct deemed hostile, intimidating or threatening will not be tolerated. Campus police will be notified and guilty parties will be subject to dismissal.
- Harassing staff or gym members in a physical, verbal or sexual manner is inappropriate and will be dealt with accordingly. Harassment may result in loss or suspension of membership(s).
- Observe gym etiquette and demonstrate courtesies towards staff and other gym members.
- If any person demonstrates unsafe technique(s) that may produce harm to any individual, you will be dismissed from the facility.
- Immediately report any injuries, equipment damage or suspicious activity to a supervisor.
- Keep facility flow pathways clear from any obstructions.
- Return weights and equipment to proper storage areas. All equipment must remain in Chaparral Fitness, unless otherwise directed, by Chaparral Fitness Staff or College of DuPage personnel.
- Give consideration to others waiting to use equipment. Please avoid resting on machines between sets, please allow gym members to work in-between sets.
- Clean off equipment after use.
- Allow adequate space for others while performing exercises.
- Please show respect for equipment at all times. Do NOT drop weights while performing exercises. Members found in violation of this rule will be dismissed from the fitness center.
- Do not use equipment unless you are knowledgeable of its use. Improper usage will result in immediate dismissal.
- Utilize spotters, safety bars and safety collars at all times.
- Tobacco, food, glass bottles and cans are prohibited. Plastic/metal containers with water/sports drink/shakes are acceptable.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or objects that may be used as weapons are not permitted. College police will be contacted and guilty parties will be subject to dismissal and loss of membership.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted to use the fitness center. Minors who are at least 16 years old, but under the age of 18, must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver of liability. A parent/guardian must be present to supervise all workouts, unless this requirement is waived, in writing, by the parent/guardian.
- Current or retired employees, of the College of DuPage, are eligible to register for Chaparral Fitness membership under employee rates. No current or retired employee of the College of DuPage may register for a “Student” Chaparral Fitness membership.
College of DuPage Pool Rules & Regulations
*These rules are in addition to those posted from the State of Illinois Department of Public Health – Division of Environmental Health and the Occupation Safety Hazard Administration (OSHA).
- No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty.
- All persons entering the pool must scan in and present proof of valid membership (receipt) or program registration (class).
- Aquatic Managers and Lifeguards are responsible for member safety and their directions must be followed. They have the authority to enforce all pool rules.
- No person within the pool area shall behave in such a manner as to jeopardize the safety and health of themselves or others. Any intimidating or harassing behavior, including abusive or profane language, gestures, or body language shall be grounds for expulsion.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted to use the pool. Minors who are at least 16 years old but under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver of liability. A parent/guardian must be present to supervise all workouts, unless this requirement is waived in writing by the parent/guardian.
- Respect all participants, staff, members, students, equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Appropriate dress is required. Proper swimming attire refers to swim suits only. Gym clothing, street shoes, and other clothing is not permitted. Exceptions may be made on religious grounds.
- The only beverage allowed on the pool deck is water. No colored liquids allowed. No glass allowed.
- Lockers are available for your use. Please bring your own padlock. All padlocks must be removed daily. Patrons are not allowed to leave padlocks on overnight. Locks will be cut off and locker contents will be placed in the lost and found.
- Pool staff is not responsible for the locker rooms, though they may assist members with any issues they have.
- Employees are the only persons allowed in the staff rooms, pump room, chemical storage areas and offices.
- Pool staff is not responsible for items left on the pool deck.
- Any questions or concerns must be addressed to the manager on duty.
- Proper swimming etiquette is required. Members are not guaranteed space/lanes to themselves. When space is shared, members should either split the lane or circle swim. Lap lanes are designed for multiple swimmers.
- Members should swim in the appropriately designated lanes according to their abilities (slow, medium, and fast). Members wishing to perform exercises other than lap swimming, may have to share a lane with a lap swimmer.
- The diving blocks are off limits to members.
Classes and Rentals:
- Classes and Open Swim may at times share the pool. These times are at the discretion of COD Administration. Limited space will be available for open swimmers during these times.
- Class instructors have authority over their students as well as members during times when open swim and classes occur simultaneously.
- Parents or guests are not allowed on the pool deck. If they wish to observe classes or rentals that must be done from the balcony.
*Pool staff may refuse admittance to members as they see fit. Pool staff may have members removed if they violate any of the above rules. Campus Police may be called if necessary. Failure to comply with pool rules, written or verbal, may result in removal from facility and/or revocation of membership.
Located on the second floor of the Physical Education Center
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Phone: (630) 942-2633
FAX: (630) 942-3601
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage