Learn About History, Science and Other Topics This Spring at Free COD Lectures
By Mike McKissack
The Continuing Education program at College of DuPage will host “Sage Series” lectures and “Lunch Break Lectures” on a variety of subjects this spring on the College’s Glen Ellyn campus, 425 Fawell Blvd.
Part of Continuing Education’s Lifelong Learning program, the free “Sage Series” features local experts presenting information on Chinese Cuisine, the Hubble Space Telescope, “The Twilight Zone” and more. Registration for Sage Series classes is required.
This semester’s offerings include:
- “Miss Brodie is 50 Years Past Her Prime,” 1 to 4 p.m. Friday, April 12
Enjoy this screening of 1969’s “The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie” followed by a discussion of the film.
- “LGBTQ: Past and Present,”10 a.m. to noon Friday, April 26
Examine sexual orientation and gender identity through history, the arts, law, science, medicine, politics and justice.
Lunch Break Lectures feature experts from the College’s Continuing Education program discussing a variety of topics. Lectures are from noon to 1 p.m. on select Wednesdays, through May 15, in the Student Resource Center, Room 1127. Registration is recommended.
Spring offerings include:
- Travel Normandy and Burgundy, Feb. 20
- Queen Victoria, March 6
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Water, March 20
- Indian Mounds in DuPage County, April 3
- How the Supreme Court Works, April 17
- Thoroughbreds, Racing and the Kentucky Derby, May 1
- Queen Elizabeth I, May 15
Click here or call (630) 942-2208 for more information and to register for any Sage Series classes or Lunch Break Lectures.
The Lifelong Learning Institute offers a mix of courses, workshops, seminars and lectures in a wide range of topic areas, such as art and hobby, health and wellness, history, the humanities and more. Click here for more information.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage