Applications Now Accepted for College of DuPage Scholars Awards
By Angela Mennecke
Applications are now being accepted for the College of DuPage Scholars Awards. This year’s fall priority application submission deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 28. The Spring Application submission deadline is Monday, April 1.
The Scholars Award Program is College of DuPage's premier merit-based scholarship program for 2018-2019 high school graduates. Students are evaluated based on their cumulative GPA, ACT or SAT scores and their answer to the Scholars Award essay question.
The awards fall into three categories: Presidential, a two-year full tuition scholarship; Board of Trustees, $2,500 per year ($1,250 per semester) for up to four semesters; and Deans, $1,000 per year ($500 per semester) for up to four semesters.
Applicants must be 2018-2019 District 502 high school graduates, have applied for admission to College of DuPage, submit a 500-word essay (topic given at time of application for scholarship) and meet one of the following:
- A weighted or unweighted high school GPA of 3.8 GPA/4.0 scale or 4.75 GPA/5.0 scale
- A minimum 29 ACT composite or 1350 SAT score
Board of Trustees Scholar
- A weighted or unweighted high school GPA of 3.6 GPA/4.0 scale or 4.5 GPA/5.0 scale
- A minimum 27 ACT composite or 1280 SAT score
- A weighted or unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 GPA/4.0 scale or 4.37 GPA/5.0 scale
- A minimum 25 ACT composite or 1200 SAT score
Overall, students must have a minimum 20 ACT composite or 950 SAT score to qualify for a Scholars Award.
Students can also apply for a variety of Foundation Scholarships for the spring 2019 semester. For more information on available scholarships, visit http://www.cod.edu/tuition/financial_aid/scholarships.aspx or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage