COD Hosts Plus 50 Series this Fall
By Mike McKissack
Continuing Education at College of DuPage is hosting several classes aimed at adults age 50 and older during the fall term through its Plus 50 Series.
Offered by the Lifelong Learning program, the Plus 50 Series assists older adults who are looking to enter or re-enter the workforce, update or develop new skills and knowledge, or find volunteer opportunities in the community.
Plus 50 Series Classes for the fall 2017 term include:
- Job Training Opportunities for Plus 50: Presented by College of DuPage and National Able Network, participants will learn about a broad range of paid job training opportunities for seniors in the community from 9 to 11 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 22. While this session is free, space is limited and advance registration is required.
- Career Search for Plus 50: This class is designed to help participants transition to a new career and/or training opportunities, as well as resources available at COD and within the community. The class will be offered from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on Mondays, Oct. 2 to 30. Cost is $35.
- Computer Skills Camp Plus 50: In this specially-priced, two-day computer camp, participants build confidence and competence as they evaluate their computer skills under the guidance of an experienced instructor. The camp will be held from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 20 and 21. Cost is $50.
- Job Search Websites for Plus 50: Participants will learn the ins and outs of several job search websites, including those local to the Chicago area as well as general job sites such as CareerBuilder, Indeed and LinkedIn. The class will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays, Nov. 8 and 15. Cost is $25.
- Networking for Plus 50: Participants will receive key ideas on networking, how to set up their own personal network and how to use and nurture their network. Class meets from 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays, Nov. 14 and 21. Cost is $25.
- Self-Discovery for Plus 50: Designed for adults who are returning to school, entering or re-entering the workforce, or exploring volunteer opportunities, this class explores assessment tools and helps participants evaluate past accomplishments, and identify current interests, skills and goals. Class meets from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Nov. 28 to Dec. 12. Cost is $35.
- Volunteerism in DuPage County: Participants learn about the numerous opportunities to volunteer and give back to
the community in DuPage County, including paid opportunities, from 1 to 3 p.m. on
Friday, Dec. 1. While this session is free, space is limited and advance registration
For more information about any of these classes and to register, click here, call Continuing Education at (630) 942-2208, email CE@cod.edu or register online.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage