Applications Now Accepted for Scholars Awards
By Brian Kleemann
Applications are now being accepted for the 2014-2015 College of DuPage Scholars Awards. This year’s submissions deadline has been extended until Friday, March 14.
The awards fall into three categories: Presidential, a 64 credit hour full tuition scholarship; Board of Trustees, $2,500 per year; and Dean’s, $1,500 per year. Applicants must be District 502 high school Class of 2014 graduates; have applied for admission to College of DuPage; have completed the Scholars Award application, including the 250-word Personal Statement; and have a weighted or unweighted high school GPA of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale or 4.75 on a 5.0 scale on a seventh semester high school transcript OR a 27 ACT composite or higher score.
“The popularity of these Scholars Awards continues to grow,” said Julie Marlatt, Coordinator of Admissions and Outreach at College of DuPage. “It’s a reflection on both the academically strong students throughout District 502 and the quality education they want to receive at College of DuPage.”
Students accepting a Scholars Award must accomplish the following at COD:
- Pursue a degree or certificate and enroll full-time each semester.
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative College of DuPage GPA.
- Complete a minimum of 15 Honors credit hours, including an Honors seminar and /or Humanities 2210, Leadership Development.
- Complete a designated Service Learning course or 20 hours of approved volunteer work. This must be completed during the first year to qualify for the second year of the scholarship.
- Gain admission and acceptance into the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society.
2014 College of DuPage