Nominations Open for the Inaugural COD Distinguished Alumni Award
Nominations are open for the inaugural College of DuPage Distinguished Alumni Award through noon Wednesday, Sept. 10. This new award program recognizes individuals whose COD experience has led to notable career and life achievements.
To qualify for this special honor, the candidate must have completed a degree, certificate or 30 or more credits at COD prior to the year 2000. Selected awardees will be contacted in early October and will be recognized at the inaugural induction ceremony to be held on campus in November.
Criteria for Nomination
- The candidate attended College of DuPage and completed a minimum of 30 hours of credited courses, completed a certification program or received an associate degree.
- The candidate must have completed course work, certification program and/or graduated with an associate degree at least 15 years prior to the nomination (1999 or before).
- The candidate has made notable career moves and shown professional growth within his/her chosen field.
- The candidate has made a positive impact on his/her community through leadership and/or active volunteering.
- The candidate agrees to attend the awards ceremony and reception on Thursday, Nov. 13, 2014, as well as return to campus at least once within the year to be a guest speaker, participate in a roundtable or other student engagement activities.
- For best consideration, please submit the completed form by Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2014 at noon.
- College of DuPage welcomes the submission of nominee resumes and up to three references if available.
- Nominees can self-nominate or be nominated by someone else.
For more information, as well as the nomination form, please visit www.cod.edu/alumniaward or call (630) 942-2462.
2014 College of DuPage