Engineering Students Earn Prestigious Internships
By Jennifer Duda
Five College of DuPage Engineering students will undertake internships at a number of prestigious firms and research facilities this summer.
“It goes without saying that all of these students are very motivated and very sharp,” said COD Physics Professor Tom Carter.
Engineering students obtaining internships include (click here for photos):
- Mike Andruska of Glen Ellyn, Argonne National Laboratory in computer science.
- Erna Gevondyan of Westmont, Argonne National Laboratory in computer science.
- Alyssa Bowes of Glen Ellyn, University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, researching dark matter.
- Aaron Smith of Warrenville, Fermilab in electrical engineering/physics.
- Mike Todorovic of Glen Ellyn, Primera Engineering, a large design and construction management firm in downtown Chicago.
This year’s interns are the latest success stories for the College’s Engineering program, which last year had more than 30 engineering students transfer to baccalaureate-granting institutions, one of the largest transfer groups ever for the program.
For more information about COD’s Engineering program, call (630) 942-8331, or visit www.cod.edu/programs/engineering/index.aspx.
2012 College of DuPage