Music Research Databases
Home > Article Databases > Music Research Databases
- Academic OneFile
- Academic OneFile is great for both popular and peer-reviewed full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of current events, physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, Academic OneFile is an excellent resource for general research.
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier contains indexing and full text for 4515 journals. This collection provides both scholarly and popular journal coverage for nearly all academic areas of study - including social sciences, humanities, education, computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences and ethnic studies. Academic Search Premier is a great resource for general research.
- Academic Video Online
- Academic Video Online is a collection of full-length streaming videos. The disciplines/collections included in Academic Video are: American History, Counseling & Therapy, Dance, Education, Ethnography & Archeology, Opera, Theater, World History, Area Studies, Art & Architecture, Business & Economics, Politics & Current Affairs, Ethnic Studies, Health & Health Care, Criminal Justice & Law, World Languages & Literature, Philosophy & Religious Studies, Psychology, Science, Women & Gender Studies. Also included in the subscription are full transcripts of each video program that are keyword searchable, easy playlist and clip making functionality, permanent embeddable URLs for easy use in online courses.
- American Song (Includes African American Music)
- American Song includes songs by and about Americans for listening and learning online. The range of genres includes country, folk, bluegrass, Western, old time, American Indian, blues, gospel, shape note singing, doo-wop, Motown, R&B, soul, funk, and others.
American Song is part of the Music Online database.
- Art And Architecture Complete
- This database provides full-text coverage of more than 350 periodicals and 220 books. In addition, Art & Architecture Complete offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 800 academic journals, magazines and trade publications. Subjects include Antiques, Architecture and Architectural History, Archaeology, Costume Design, Decorative Arts, Graphic Arts, Interior and landscape design, Painting, Printmaking and Sculpture. The database also provides selective coverage for more than 70 additional publications and an Image Collection of over 64,000 images provided by Picture Desk and others.
- Classical Music Library
- Classical Music Library is a large collection of classical music recordings for listening and learning online. Coverage includes music written from the earliest times to the present, including many contemporary composers. Repertoire ranges from vocal and choral music, to chamber, orchestral, solo instrumental, and opera. Classical Music Library is part of the Music Online database.
- Communication And Mass Media Complete
- Communication & Mass Media Complete provides articles and other research materials in areas related to communication and mass media. CMMC offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 420 journals, and selected coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of more than 600 titles. Furthermore, this database includes full text for 301 journals in the areas of communication, mass media, speech, and much more!
- Contemporary World Music
- Contemporary World Music is a growing collection of recordings for listening and learning online. This collection contains genres such as reggae, worldbeat, neo-traditional, world fusion, Balkanic jazz, African film, Bollywood, Arab swing and jazz. CWM contains other world music genres such as traditional music: Indian classical, fado, flamenco, klezmer, zydeco, gospel, gagaku, and more. Contemporary World Music is part of the Music Online database.
- Essay And General Literature Index
- Cites essays and articles contained in collections of essays and other works published in the United States, Great Britain and Canada. Also indexed are more than 20 annual and serial publications. Includes full bibliographic information for the titles in which the collected works are found. Focuses on humanities and social sciences literature.
- Jazz Music Library
- Jazz Music Online is a large collection of jazz music by individuals and ensembles for online listening and learning.
Jazz Music Online is part of the Music Online database.
- Music Online
- Music Online includes:
Classical Music Library
Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries
American Song (include African American Song)
Contemporary World Music
Jazz Music Library
- Oxford Music Online
- This resource includes the full-text of:
The Oxford Dictionary of Music
Grove Music Online
Oxford Companion to Music
- Smithsonian Global Sound
- Smithsonian Global Sound is a large collection of the world's musical and aural traditions for listening and learning online.
Smithsonian Global Sound is part of the Music Online database.
Home > Article Databases > Music Research Databases