Anthropology Research Databases
Home > Article Databases > Anthropology Research Databases
- Academic OneFile
- Academic OneFile is great for both popular and peer-reviewed full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of current events, physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, Academic OneFile is an excellent resource for general research.
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier contains indexing and full text for 4515 journals. This collection provides both scholarly and popular journal coverage for nearly all academic areas of study - including social sciences, humanities, education, computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences and ethnic studies. Academic Search Premier is a great resource for general research.
- Academic Video Online
- Academic Video Online is a collection of full-length streaming videos. The disciplines/collections included in Academic Video are: American History, Counseling & Therapy, Dance, Education, Ethnography & Archeology, Opera, Theater, World History, Area Studies, Art & Architecture, Business & Economics, Politics & Current Affairs, Ethnic Studies, Health & Health Care, Criminal Justice & Law, World Languages & Literature, Philosophy & Religious Studies, Psychology, Science, Women & Gender Studies. Also included in the subscription are full transcripts of each video program that are keyword searchable, easy playlist and clip making functionality, permanent embeddable URLs for easy use in online courses.
- American History In Video
- American History in Video provides the largest and richest collection of [streaming] video available online for the study of American history, with 2,000 hours and more than 5,000 titles on completion. The collection allows students and researchers to analyze historical events, and their presentation over time, through commercial and governmental newsreels, archival footage, public affairs footage, and important documentaries. This release now provides 5,752 titles, equaling approximately 1,482 hours.
- AnthroSource is a full-text collection of Anthropology journals available online spanning the scholarship for almost 100 years.
- Art And Architecture Complete
- This database provides full-text coverage of more than 350 periodicals and 220 books. In addition, Art & Architecture Complete offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 800 academic journals, magazines and trade publications. Subjects include Antiques, Architecture and Architectural History, Archaeology, Costume Design, Decorative Arts, Graphic Arts, Interior and landscape design, Painting, Printmaking and Sculpture. The database also provides selective coverage for more than 70 additional publications and an Image Collection of over 64,000 images provided by Picture Desk and others.
- Berg Fashion Library
- The Berg Fashion Library includes reference materials on costume, textiles and the history of costume. This collection is valuable to a variety of disciplines such as Fashion, History, Anthropology, Textiles, Sociology, Theater and other disciplines that study the human experience.
(Available in the Library and C.O.D. Network only)
- Discovering Collection
- Comprised of several Discovering Program titles such as Discovering Authors, U.S. History, Science and Biography, and the entire contents of the Junior Reference Collection. Thousands of overview essays, critical analyses, biographies, timelines and multimedia elements in five core subject areas: history, literature, biography, science and social studies.
- Ethnographic Video Online
- Ethnographic Video Online provides the largest, most comprehensive resource for the study of human culture and behavior – more than 750 hours and 1,000 films at completion. The collection covers every region of the world and features the work of many of the most influential documentary filmmakers of the 20th century, including interviews, previously unreleased raw footage, field notes, study guides, and more.
- Films On Demand
- This collection of online streaming videos includes a variety of subjects, including: 1)Business and Economics 2)Humanities and Social Sciences 3)Science and Mathematics 4)Health and Nutrition 5)Technical and Consumer Sciences 6)Academic Success Skills and Career Exploration.
- JSTOR is an archive of digitized journal articles ranging in date from the 1700's to the early 2000's. These collections span a variety of subjects in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Physical Sciences.
- SocIndex With Full Text
- The database features more than 1,700,000 records with subject headings from a 15,600 term sociological thesaurus designed by subject experts and expert lexicographers. This product also contains informative abstracts for more than 740 "core" coverage journals dating as far back as 1895. In addition, this file provides data mined from more than 540 "priority" coverage journals as well as from over 2,800 "selective" coverage journals. Further, extensive indexing for books/monographs, conference papers, and other content sources is included.
- World Almanac
- Includes the full text of all of the Almanac titles: The World Almanac and Book of Facts, providing key facts on a wide variety of subjects internationally; The World Almanac of the U.S.A. with essential facts about the United States—current and historical; The World Almanac of US Politics, a guidebook to federal, state, and local governments; The World Almanac for Kids, covering information and facts of interest to middle-school children and teachers; and the Funk & Wagnall's New Encyclopedia, a comprehensive general encyclopedia
Home > Article Databases > Anthropology Research Databases